Ads

Monday, May 18, 2009

First day of work

So, first day of my summer gig, I'll be working on RANDom things.

Normal first day, getting badged, parking passes, cube, computer, office supplies, etc.

We had a long lunch at this cool seafood restaurant, you could see the pier from it.

About halfway through the day, I realized that when someone says "where are you from?" they mean "what was your previous institutional affiliation?". I had just gotten used to "where are you from?" meaning "what town do you come from?"

No interesting stories, although they have some awesome artwork up on the walls. A person showing me around got coffee all over their arm when they tried to hold a door forgetting that they had coffee in their hand. She needs coffee in the morning to function, and based on the amount on her arm, she hadn't had enough of it yet.

No comments: