Ads

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cross country trip 2009 Out Leg II: Painted Desert and Petrified Forest

Alright, some real trip stories... It was fairly uneventful, we had two fun things of note, the painted desert/petrified forest and the grand canyon.

In El Reno, OK, we almost got hit by a tornado (well, sort of). We saw mammatus clouds, which are really cool. When Sara was looking at them in a field, her hair stood straight up. I quickly ushered us back into shelter...

I took a bunch of photos in the painted desert, mostly landscape type photos. My cell camera is not very good, but we have some really good photos from a SLR that might get posted in the future. We also saw a pronghorn.










I am also including some pictures of petrified wood. One of the coolest ones was the "petrified log bridge" where there was softer rock underneath a stone log and it made a bridge. Silly humans then made sure that it would not fall by adding concrete.


They also had these huge ravens, which were... huge.



Last interesting thing in the painted desert is pictographs, and I have better pictures from the SLR, but I don't have access to them.

No comments: