Ads

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Experiments for change

I find it really interesting that States can try out things like this. California is going to require restaurants to post the nutritional information about the dishes that they serve.

It gives us a chance to gather real data on different policies and the effect that a policy would have.

You would be amazed at how your eating habits change once you start being exposed to the number of calories. Weight Watchers is built on this principle.

I wish that meals at restaurants cost $5 but were for one meal, rather than $10 for two meals that I end up eating at one sitting anyway.

1 comment:

mike faria said...

"I wish that meals at restaurants cost $5 but were for one meal, rather than $10 for two meals that I end up eating at one sitting anyway."

So, so true. And people wonder why we have an epidemic of obesity in this country.