Ads

Monday, September 04, 2006

Football - Notre Dame

I went to the Notre Dame - GT football game this weekend. It was fun for the first half, then our liquids ran out. Oh, and we started losing. We started out good, but then would not stop the Notre Dame advances, or advance ourselves. I think we scared some of the people next to us. I am going to start saving up for a turkey leg next game, this dude next to use got one and I almost stole it. "free with running" was the motto of the day. Beer was plentiful, even though I don't really like beer. These guys gave us beer in exchange for our opinion on the movie Zoolander. I got beer from Bill for greasing the wheels of game-viewing. I felt bad about the Zoolander beer, I didn't drink it and just brought it home for someone else. After the game, we went to Krystals for a sackful. I found out that conveniently the weekend that I am going out of town they are having an eating contest. Oh well, next year I suppose.

We had a housewarming party for nic, pam-peter, and peter's roommate on sunday. Highlights include:

  • Andykerr getting pwned by a drunken girl
  • Excellent pork chops and brauts
  • Swimming and other associated watersports (and I do mean watersports!) (frisbee, not the other kind!)
  • Great beans and decent daiquiris that somehow had no ice particles. I am still mystified.
  • The magic of youtube
  • R-thomas style water drinking (I try not to order any food from that place)
I finished my book on Lean Manufacturing, it was a very interesting and informative read.

No comments: