Ads

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The usual

So evidently, they were banking on "the usual, limited response". I hope you see what is wrong with this. The status quo should not be "we get to pester you when we want, and you get to take it and then barely strike back". What happens when they get stronger? What happens when they can up the ante past what Israel is willing to do?
 

Hezbollah says Israeli response a surprise - Yahoo! News

The truth is — let me say this clearly — we didn't even expect (this) response ... that (Israel) would exploit this operation for this big war against us," said Komati. He said Hezbollah had expected "the usual, limited response" from Israel. In the past, he said, Israeli responses to Hezbollah actions included sending commandos into Lebanon, seizing Hezbollah officials and briefly targeting specific Hezbollah strongholds in southern Lebanon. Komati said his group had anticipated negotiations to swap the Israeli soldiers for three Lebanese held in Israeli jails, with Germany acting as a mediator as it has in past prisoner exchanges. He said Hezbollah captured the Israeli soldiers from a military area, but charged that Israelis had taken Hezbollah leaders from their homes at night.



Hizbollah is like a colony of cockroaches in your house. Do you have
cease fires with cockroaches? Do you just say, hey, take over my house,
I love you creeping me out. When you see a cockroach, do you just kill
the cockroach? I don't. I kill that cockroach, and then I try and kill
any that attempt to use the same entrance to my home (using poison).
After that, if I saw any more cockroaches I would "fortify" my
parameter with poison and spray that nerve toxin stuff on probable
places that they live and travel across. I would get those roach motels
so that the cockroaches would bring poison back to their homes, and
they all would die. My goal is to exterminate them.



The goal against Hizbollah should be extermination. Not negotiation.

 Negotiation leads to infestation. An infestation of Hizbollah leads to your own extermination.

No comments: