Ads

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mosin shoot

I forgot to post the first time I shot the mosin with the scope. 100 yards, not zeroed so its mostly group size. It was the end of the day, and I was rushing alot (excuses I know!)

It has gotten better(maybe not the group was bigger, but I see a bifurcation), as you can see below. The pic is at 100 yards, scope "zeroed" for 200, should be 2.1 inches high at that range. I was aiming for the center of the black square. There was 1 flyer that I did not find because the surrounding box had a few holes in it. (ha or it went in one of the other holes (not likely, but we think Kerr did that earlier that day)). The two shots above the square were not too shabby, but there were two to the left. According to the chart, i am using "too little finger". Could also have been anticipating, it was the end of the day. At any rate, thats what happened. Trigger control work should fix the problem. Next time at the range I'll attempt a paper plate with a black square again.
Update: I forgot to mention, this was shot from a "field position" of me sitting and using the bi-fur-pod as a rest. I'll try and do a bench rest version to see what the mosin is capable of (might need someone(s) to also do that), then a field rest version to see what I am capable of.

No comments: