Ads

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

San Francisco Photo Dump and Trip log

I went to San Francisco last weekend and had a pretty good time. Sara came into SF because she had a conference this week in Carmel by the Sea. Worked out well with the public transportation to get to and from the airport. Once we got to the hotel we pretty much walked everywhere.

Friday:
Walked around Fisherman's Wharf. Most of the pictures come from Friday. We met up with Josh and Jenn and walked around some more. We saw the sea lions and then were off to a Italian restuarant for dinner (I think Italian Neighborhoods? Its at 270 Columbus at any rate (I think!)). The place was awesome (food wise) though some group of people got seated before us for some reason. Next stop, (Josh and Jenn)'s apartment for cake and catching up.

Sat:
We rode bikes from Fisherman's Wharf to the Gold Gate Bridge. We stopped on the other side and took pictures of the city, although I don't know if I have any. It was about 3 hours or so. Then some more walking around, some ice cream at Ghiradelli's. The chocolate was good, but I need some more taste testing before I call it awesome. It was smooth, but I have had other smooth chocolates before. Sometimes I like the gritty nature of chocolate, so I suppose it depends. Then we got ready for dinner and ate at this tapas place, Bocadillos. Then a quick trip to Rogue Ales Public House for a beer and talking.

Sun:
Cable car to Union Square and then we walked through Chinatown to a place near Josh's with philly cheesesteaks. We walked back to the Lombard St switchbacks and climbed the hill with the 27 degree slope (indeedy, it sucks). Neat place, although I don't really get the draw of a poor design. Next, a quick bay tour from the Wharf to out and under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. That was about it, then I was off to the airport.


I am sure I forgot stuff so, sorry to any involved.

Sealions


Landscape from the Golden Gate Bridge



Landscape from the Golden Gate Bridge


The Golden Gate Bridge


From the Golden Gate Bridge


From the Golden Gate Bridge


A container ship


Cake!


Alcatraz

No comments: