Ads

Monday, November 26, 2007

Box Office Hit

This weekend I saw the number one movie in America. That right. Enchanted. (Using my mind clouding techniques, I didn't pay my own way)

The movie taught fiscal irresponsibility:
The Princess needs new clothes for the ball... what to do? Grab Daddy's credit card, which is "for emergencies, and this is DEFINITELY an emergency. "

It had creepy animals:

Try singing, dancing, cleaning cockroaches.
The Prince taught how to interact with people:
"{something to put down the common man}, peasant"
I was impressed with the opening scene zoom sequence where it zooms from a wide angle view into the princess's window. I was convinced that it was CG made to look like drawn animation. I couldn't find too much information, supposedly the opening sequence was all hand drawn. It looked like in Futurama where they have the 3D models of the object and blend it with hand drawn. The shadows/highlights on the character's also looked CG-ish. Maybe they switched to photoshop, who knows?

The animation style was good ol' Disney, and they matched up the characters with their cartoon counterparts.

Decent mix of the fairytale stuff (true love's kiss can keep zombies at bay), with reality :
Giselle: Nobody has been very nice to me.
Robert: Yeah, well, welcome to New York.
Giselle: Thank you.
So, who wants to see Hitman? Mike says that Beowulf is good in 3D too...

1 comment:

mike faria said...

Also want to see I Am Legend at IMAX...