Ads

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Germination!

My radishes have germinated. I planted them last Saturday, and sure enough, in 7 (packet said 7-10) days they germinated.


I have a shitty camera, and realized that I should have taken it at more of an angle. If you look really hard, you can see little bits of green. Those are the radishes. All of the seeds seemed to have worked, so I will need to thin them soon. I am going to give them a couple of days to get started so I can figure out which ones are the strong ones.

I can plant another set in a week, it said that you can plant them every two weeks for a while. I have another pot ready for cherry tomatoes. I think I need to get some smaller pots for bean plants. I don't want to plant any in the yard this time, because my gardener(I mean... mower dude) figures that anything that grows is a weed. "Thats a weed" - him, "no, thats beans, I planted them, look at the fruit and flowers" -me

I don't even know if I like to eat radishes!

No comments: