Ads

Thursday, November 16, 2006

OODA loop update

Today, as I was walking to class, I saw a hawk on the top of a electricity pole. I was like, thats pretty cool. On further examination, I noticed a tail. It was a squirrel tail. The hawk was tearing into a squirrel, and looking around with a big grin every once in a while. This was right near where I let Cody (the dog) chase a squirrel.

Cody chased the squirrel in this parking lot. The only cover was a car. In the beginning, it was like the part in snatch where they set the dogs on a rabbit. Cody almost got the squirrel, but the squirrel could turn much faster. He chased it around the car, but the squirrel made it to a tree.

The hawk caught squirrel was not so lucky. The hawk was operating in a different axis, one where the squirrel could not observe, orient, decide, or act very effectively. The hawk was inside of the squirrels OODA loop. The result was squirrel for breakfast.

No comments: